Online Staff Interviews Tues Feb 16 & Weds Feb 17
Every year we have to bring some new people into the family. With COVID making things a challenge to meet potential new staff members we have scheduled two consecutive nights of online Zoom Interviews. Who should sign up?
- Are you interested in spending 5+ weeks outside helping to deliver a great program to Scouts from across the Southeast?
- Are you a team member that will help when others are afraid to raise their hand?
- Do you have the energy to wake up at 7 AM and keep your Scouting Spirit going til late at night?
- Do you want to make some amazing new friends on staff from many different councils across the area?
We have hired back our returning staff and are now looking at filling in the holes. Here are some openings we have!
- 14 Year Old Counselors In Training – these unpaid staff members are basically our Staff candidates who will get a summer apprenticeship in many areas of camp. Many CITs go on to become paid staff the next summer.
- Dining Hall Staff to help get ready to serve meals and clean up (no cooking necessary!)
- Female Staff – we look to have a dozen or more youth and adult female staff as we have fully adopted the Scouts BSA model.
- Instructors – in several program areas we need merit badge instructors ages 15+ to assist in our bundles – specific needs are Scoutcraft, Handicraft, Ecology, Aquatics
- Trading Post Manager – we have just had an opening in this position which is usually reserved for a mature adult that can be a friendly face but also keep the numbers straight (bonus it’s air conditioned in the TP)
- Fishing Instructor – we need a CAI (we can get you the class) certified adult to drive one of the pontoon boats and lead our Angler program. If you are good at fishing and can teach young Scouts how to hook some fish this would be a great summer gig.
- Scoutcraft Director – we need an adult that can lead a team and build an amazing Scoutcraft program area at the center of camp. This person will also lead our Pathfinders Program (First Year Campers). I especially want to find someone who can take some inspiration from the DIY ideas for survival and bushcraft videos and bring those to life for our Scouts.
- Camp Medical Officer – this is not a teaching role. We need someone with the proper certifications (ask and I can share) to serve as our Camp Medic. In this role you will be highly visible and mobile to help tend to minor accidents, aches and pains. (anything major we call the ambulance that is less than 10 minutes away) With COVID a concern this person will also help implement our safety protocols.
Zoom Links – Email Your Completed Application
Thank you for your interest in working at Camp Barstow this summer. Please complete out STAFF APPLICATION and return it via email (as a PDF or clear photo) to the Camp Director Jason Spangler at Jason@campbarstowsc.com.
Please select one time from the choices below and join using this SignUp Genius Link or the one attached to your time slot.
If you have any questions please reach out to the Camp Director Jason Spangler.