Would you like to spend a summer working long hours for low wages and having the time of your life? The staff is what makes a Scout summer camp special. It’s the secret sauce that can turn an ordinary campfire into a hilarious event that you tell your parents about later. The staff are the ones that sing that favorite song that you can’t get out of your head for weeks after you return home. They are also the ones that take time to get to know your name and are there to help you learn a new skill or encourage you to finish the badge.
At Camp Barstow we are currently recruiting our 2019 staff. Luckily we are bringing back the majority of last year’s staff for an encore performance. However, we always have turnover with folks graduating or having other opportunities to explore.
In 2019 we can offer staff 5 1/2 weeks of employment beginning with staff week on June 9th. Our summer camp season ends on Saturday July 21. Here are some highlights for you to consider.
- most staff sleep in air conditioned cabins
- room and board covered with a weekly salary
- staff shirts and swag included at no charge
- we begin CITs at age 14 with recommendations from their Scoutmaster
- our paid counselors begin at age 15
- we have several openings for older staff including Aquatics Director
If you would like to learn more about working at Camp Barstow in the summer of 2019 please contact the Camp Director.