2021 Camp Barstow Staff
Are you prepared to spend 5 1/2 weeks this summer making friends and having the time of your life working from sun up til past sun down? The staff is what makes a Scout summer camp special. It’s the secret sauce that can turn an ordinary campfire into a hilarious event that you tell your friends and parents about later. The staff are the ones that sing that favorite song that you can’t get out of your head for weeks after you return home. They are also the ones that take time to get to know your name and are there to help you learn a new skill or encourage you to finish the badge.
At Camp Barstow we are currently recruiting our 2021 staff. We have openings in some areas and would love to talk to you about your interest in joining our team. Our first year staff members are typically Counselors in Training (CIT) and we start with Scouts as young as 14 willing to work hard and help make things #BetterAtBarstow. Staff commitment begins with the opening day of staff week on Sunday June 13 and finishes with the closing day of Cub Resident Camp on Wednesday July 21.
Here are some highlights for you to consider.
- most youth sleep in brand new Adirondacks with electricity
- adult staff typically sleep in air conditioned cabins
- we are recruiting youth and adult female staff
- room and board covered with a weekly salary
- staff shirts and swag included at no charge
- we begin CITs at age 14 with recommendations from their Scoutmaster
- we have several openings and are always looking to talk to new spirited staff prospects
If you would like to learn more about working at Camp Barstow in the summer of 2021 please contact the Camp Director.