Staff Opportunities Still Available (updated)
Every year we have to bring some new people into the family. With COVID making things a challenge to meet potential new staff members we are really pleased that most of our 2020 staff chose to return. However, we do have a few key openings so if you are a candidate or know someone who is please reach out!
- Are you interested in spending 5+ weeks outside helping to deliver a great program to Scouts from across the Southeast?
- Are you a team member that will help when others are afraid to raise their hand?
- Do you have the energy to wake up at 7 AM and keep your Scouting Spirit going til late at night?
- Do you want to make some amazing new friends on staff from many different councils across the area?
We have hired back our returning staff and are now looking at filling in the holes. Here are some openings we have!
- 14 Year Old Counselors In Training – these first year staff members will get a summer apprenticeship in many areas of camp. Many CITs go on to become paid staff the next summer.
- Dining Hall Staff to help get ready to serve meals and clean up (no cooking necessary!)
- Female Staff – we look to have a dozen or more youth and adult female staff as we have fully adopted the Scouts BSA model.
- Adult Fishing Instructor – we need an 18+ year old staffer to run our Angler program. This person needs to be able to drive a pontoon boat (we can train you) and get training as a Certified Angler Instructor through the BSA.
Email Your Completed Application
Thank you for your interest in working at Camp Barstow this summer. Please complete out STAFF APPLICATION and return it via email (as a PDF or clear photo) to the Camp Director Jason Spangler at Jason@campbarstowsc.com.
If you have any questions please reach out to the Camp Director Jason Spangler or the Program Director Chris McDuffie.